Monday, January 17, 2011

the vintage dress hunt...

I've been on a vintage clothing kick lately, but have a hard time finding things for myself. I have absolutely no problem finding things for little woman though and she has quite the collection of vintage dresses. I made a trip to Goodwill today to check out what they had and I found two amazing vintage dresses that needed a little repurposing. I immediately had ideas running through my mind for one of the dresses and then I checked out the price. I'll pay $10 for a vintage dress on Etsy, but at Goodwill? I don't think so. Especially since it needed some work. Maybe I'm just being cheap, but $10 at Goodwill seemed a little pricey to me. I then checked out the baby girl section and found 2 vintage dresses for Caroline. Once again, I find something for little woman and not myself. One thing that I've wanted to find for Caroline is cute vintage shoes. I haven't had much luck, but then my dad pulled out his red cowboy boots from when he was a baby! They are over 50 years old and so fun! Who knew such awesomeness was right there all along? I can't wait to put her in them and take some pictures! That might just be my next 50 Days of Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment